Cindy Austin has more than 20 years experience working with all walks of life and all ages and stages of relationships. From dating and just engaged to wanting to make a good marriage even better and also struggling with whether to stay or go, and ultimately, un-coupling with as much grace and dignity as possible.
It has been revealed over and over to her that there is a poverty of information on how to deliberately choose a partner, yet there are copious books, TV shows, songs, and movies sensationalizing the act and intensity of “falling in love”. With a divorce rate in the 50% range for first marriages, 67% for second marriages and 73% for third marriages, Cindy feels it’s time to approach this topic with much more knowledge, confidence, clarity and intentionality.
Even with all of her schoolin’, the fancy schmancy letters at the end of her name, countless workshops and seminars attended, books read, podcasts listened to, minutes in meditation, therapists visited, and tears shed, she found herself eye-to-eye with her own divorce, and two small kids in tow. Humbling to say the least!
She has not only walked the walk herself but she has been privileged to walk alongside many of her clients as they have faced their own heartaches and relationship disappointments. She aspires to now empower even more people to begin the process of deliberately and consciously choosing a significant relationship from the start rather than facing the painful consequences at the other end with a divorce or perhaps as roommates tolerating a lukewarm partnership for years and years or at least “until the kids leave home”!
Chemistry is important, but clearly there is so much more to the process! Let’s begin releasing the mindset of scarcity and fear and practice adopting the mindset of abundance and love–a much more empowered approach to choosing our lifelong partner! Let’s discover how to do this together in a safe and compassionate environment.
Experience working with Adolescents, Couples, Individuals, Families and Parents addressing the following:
ADHD, Addiction Recovery, Affair Recovery, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorders, Borderline Personality Disorder, Bullying, Career Development, Chronic Pain, Codependency, Confidence and Assertiveness with Kindness, Classroom Management, Co-parenting, Cutting, Depression, Domestic Violence, Divorce, Gay and Lesbian Issues, Girl on Girl Aggression, Grief and Loss, Marriage, Mindfulness, Panic Attacks, Resiliency, Relationships, Self-Image, Self Esteem, Suicidal Ideation, Teacher Training, and Traumatic Event Recovery (PTSD)
- 15 years as private practitioner
- 2 years as the Program Director for Education Non-Profit—Breakthrough Central Texas
- 2 years as consultant for the Breakthrough program
- 7 years as a secondary Spanish teacher
- 2 years as a Crisis Counselor in a 5A high school
- 1 year as a Middle School Counselor
- 6 months internship in domestic violence shelter
- 6 months internship in a MHMR crisis shelter
- 6 months working independently for CPS
- 6 months as a Counselor in the child and adolescent unit at
- Integral Care (formerly MHMR)
MS, LPC, Professional Mediator, Certified Assistant Psychodramatist, ETT Practitioner: levels I, II, IV, and V, Trained in New Ways For Families® for High Conflict Couples/Families, Bilingual-Spanish Speaker and Work Shop Presenter for: Austin Independent School- Murchison Middle School, Anderson High School, St. Matthew’s Church, St. Theresa’s Church, GENaustin, Boys and Girls Club of America, AISD Region XIII, College Forward, and Breakthrough Austin
- 2015– Certified in New Ways For Families®
- 2011-2013 – Emotional Transformation Therapy
- 1994-2006 – Westwood Psychodrama Training Institute
- 2001 – Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) Texas #17222
- 1999 – Masters of Science (Counseling & Development) Texas Woman’s University
- 1997 – Certified Professional Mediator
- 1991 – Bachelor of Science (Education) University of Texas at Austin